cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate cordova-wp8
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 22:45:25 GMT
The deprecation window is a 'minimum' of 6 months.
Waiting 3 months to maybe wait 6 more months seems less efficient than
deprecating now and deciding in 6 months time if we want to move on it.
Deprecation is not the end, just the beginning of it.

Also, we need to nudge people to move forwards, they are building on a sdk
that can only target wp 8.0 which was released 3 years ago.
If we value this group and want to continue supporting the platform then we
should bite the bullet and update it to at least support 8.1 (Apr. 2014)
but I think we are better off focusing on windows universal going forward.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com