cordova-dev mailing list archives

From jdhabolt <jdhab...@gmail.com>
Subject Cordova and Proguard
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 06:48:18 GMT
Hello,

I've been unable to find much info online regarding the issue I'm having
with Cordova and Proguard, so as a last ditch effort I'm emailing in hopes
that someone can point me toward a solution.

I've been developing a simple app via the Cordova CLI workflow (v. 5.4.1).
The Android launch checklist recommends obfuscating with Proguard (or other
tool) while building my release apk. I couldn't find anything  on the
Cordova site about Proguard, so I've been Googling around trying to figure
out how this works. The info I've been able to dig up suggests that I can
enable Proguard by adding a few lines to build.gradle (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30925029/proguard-with-cordova-android-4?rq=1
) and/or project.properties (
https://iphonedevlog.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/adding-proguard-to-your-android-cordova-project/
) file(s). I've tried both to no avail. I've also come across a couple Jira
tickets that seem to indicate that Proguard may not be supported in Cordova
CLI ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9269
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9269%29%28https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9708>
)( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9708
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9269%29%28https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9708>
)

It's not clear to me whether the feature is unsupported or if I'm just
doing something wrong as I'm new to app development. Any clarity on this
would be much appreciated!

Thanks!