cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <tony.ho...@intel.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-ios 4.0.1 release
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:58:48 GMT
I see the same thing as Carlos - version is still 4.0.0 in some places.

[~]$ cordova create ios401test
Creating a new cordova project.
[~]$ cd ios401test/
[~/ios401test]$ cordova platform add https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-ios.git#4.0.1
git cloning: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-ios.git#4.0.1
Repository "https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-ios.git" checked out to git ref
"4.0.1".
Adding ios project...
iOS project created with cordova-ios@4.0.1
[~/ios401test]$ cordova platform
Installed platforms: ios 4.0.0

It's not updated on the 4.0.1 tagged version in Apache git either:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-ios.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.0.1

(click tree, then navigate to, for example, bin/templates/scripts/cordova/version->raw)

Regarding the missing tag on github, this is a problem on many releases.
I'm not sure it's the same thing in this case, but per Steve there is a known infra issue
when you push only a tag:

"In terms of the tag and mirroring, here is the response I got from infra last time about
android's tag and if it gets automatically updated.
'It is automated, however if you just updated a tag, the mirroring daemon will not sync as
there is no substance to the change (same got for just creating a new branch with no changes).'
You can just file an issue to infra and they can manual update it."

On 12/16/15, 9:24 AM, "Carlos Santana" <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:

>I see something weird.
>Version was not updated from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 in a couple of places.
>
>After creating an app I see 4.0.0 in:
>platform/ios/cordova/version
>platform/ios/www/cordova.js
>Doing
>$ cordova platform ls
>Installed platforms: ios 4.0.0
>Available platforms: amazon-fireos, android, blackberry10, browser,
>firefoxos, osx, webos
>
>And in webview doing
>cordova.version
>"4.0.0"
>
>Did you use coho to cut the release? I thought that coho takes care of
>updating the version with corresponding tag in multiple places including
>adding cordova-js snapshot
>
>I see version updated to 4.0.1 in package.json and native CDVAvailability.h
>

>git master doesn't point to 4.1.0-dev it points to 4.0.1 in package.json
>
>waiting on someone else to double check if I'm doing something wrong before
>I send a stupid invalid -1 vote.
>

>On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:12 AM Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> you can do this instead
>> cordova platform add
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-ios.git#4.0.1
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I see the tag 4.0.1 on apache git but I don't see it on github
>>> So doing this fails cordova platform add
>>> https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios#4.0.1
>>>
>>> I will continue verifying, just wanted to give a heads up, and see if its
>>> an INFRA problem

OK