cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <>
Subject Re: Plugin Audit 2015
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:12:24 GMT
Yay, the audit happened! :-) So very cool. Not sure I agree with a couple of the choices, but
haven’t had the brain power to think through everything yet.

If the keyboard plugin is going to remain managed by ionic, then I’d keep it out of core,
honestly. To me, “core” implies Apache-managed. Installed by default, OTH, wouldn’t
be a bad idea.

As for native dialogs, well… personally, I’m all for doing them in HTML/CSS/JS. On the
flip side, native dialogs can be a quick way to display messages or get input. That said,
I don’t think it needs to be a core plugin. Perhaps spin it off into a third-party plugin
and let the community step up if they see the need.

@Parashuram: I have a native controls plugin for iOS. It needs some love, though, which I
plan on getting to once my book is done (almost!). I know there are others out there too,
but I’m not sure how many support Android.

Kerri Shotts , photoKandy Studios LLC • (312) 380–1035 • (618) 435–0823 (mobile) • @photokandy • Github • CoderWall

This email and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
please let us know by replying to this message, and then remove the message and its attachments
from your system. You should not disseminate, distribute, or otherwise copy or release the
information contained herein, nor can we accept any liability for any loss or damages resulting
from the use, abuse, or mis-use of the information contained herein.

Computer viruses can be distributed via email. It is the recipient’s responsibility to check
this email and any attachments for viruses. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free as the email could have been intercepted, corrupted, delayed, and/or
re-transmitted. The sender does not accept any liability for errors or omissions within this
message or its attachments, nor for any viruses which may be present.

Note: We do our very best to ensure that nothing we send contains viruses. However, because
of the nature of email and the way it is sent, we can’t promise that some other party hasn’t
intercepted our email and added malicious content. Due to the nature of email, we can’t
accept any liability for any damage or loss arising from the use, abuse, or mis-use of this
email and any of its attachments.

Email is not a secure communications medium. When replying to this or any message, you should
not include any information that you do not want the entire world to be capable of seeing.
In other words, don’t send financial accounts (CC#s, Bank Account #s, etc.), passwords,
social security numbers, or the like, even when asked directly. photoKandy Studios LLC will never  ask
you for this information.

Information transmitted via email may be intercepted and retransmitted by any number of other
entities. This is the nature of email, and as such, we can’t be held liable for any loss
or damage incurred by replying to this message with compromising information. Review your
message prior to sending it, and ensure that there is no information you wouldn’t be comfortable
with the entire world knowing.