cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <>
Subject Re: Adding Telemetry information to Cordova
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 16:16:41 GMT
We would collect data from cli use, not in app.

cli and lib versions, plugins used, cli commands used, platforms used and versions, etc

NOTHING should be added to the app a developer installs on the emulator or device.

Ideally this is all done in the cli directly so other tools can still consume cordova-lib
without being tracked.

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:03 AM, Tammo Schimanski <> wrote:
> I think the same, this could be very useful. But we have to think about the things terence
already mentioned. These are three very big points for data collection and they have to be
100% clear before we get started with this. I think that we don’t need to collect user identifiable
information, or have i overlooked something?
> Data that could be collected:
>    - Cellphone manufacturer
>    - Display Size / Resolution
>    - OS with Version
>    - Used Browser-Engine with Version
> To the point „would it be optional“: For who should it be optional? For „us“,
the developers, or for the users who are using the application? In my opinion this has to
be optional because not everyone is able to understand what he is doing. If we activate this
by default and someone develops an application but is missing the legal part inside his data
protection regulation, he can get big problems with the german law as far as i understood
the whole thing correct.