cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo Schimanski <tammo.schiman...@cordova.de>
Subject Re: Adding Telemetry information to Cordova
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 08:03:31 GMT
I think the same, this could be very useful. But we have to think about the things terence
already mentioned. These are three very big points for data collection and they have to be
100% clear before we get started with this. I think that we don’t need to collect user identifiable
information, or have i overlooked something?

Data that could be collected:

	- Cellphone manufacturer
	- Display Size / Resolution
	- OS with Version
	- Used Browser-Engine with Version

To the point „would it be optional“: For who should it be optional? For „us“, the
developers, or for the users who are using the application? In my opinion this has to be optional
because not everyone is able to understand what he is doing. If we activate this by default
and someone develops an application but is missing the legal part inside his data protection
regulation, he can get big problems with the german law as far as i understood the whole thing
correct.

+1 for this! :-)