cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Adding Telemetry information to Cordova
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 22:13:04 GMT
Hey folks,

One of the action items from the face to face meeting was about adding the ability to the
Cordova CLI to collect telemetry data. Folks said that they were not sure if Apache had any
policies against it. I checked with legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>
(and included the PMC in the mail) and looks like they don't have any policies for or against
it.
In terms of prior art, Looks like the Apache Flex project is already collecting limited telemetry,
and CloudStack folks are thinking about it.

Now that we know that Apache is not totally against collecting telemetry data, what do you
guys think about it? Are there folks in the community who are totally against adding any kind
of telemetry to Cordova ? If yes, can we discuss those concerns in this thread ?
Also, are there folks who think this is a good idea ? If yes, please raise those points too.