cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Integrate binaries (apk / ipa) upload to stores into Cordova CLI
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:29:07 GMT
I personally think that this is super useful. Maybe it does not make sense in the code, but
I would love to use this as a node module in my build process. It would be a good start to
put get a node module that does it. If Cordova developers use it, it would then be a matter
of simply consuming that code. If there are legal issues, they developers at least have a
choice of using this "third party" node module.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerri Shotts [mailto:kerrishotts@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:26 PM
To: Maxime Alexandre <maxime.alexandre@wininup.com>; dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrate binaries (apk / ipa) upload to stores into Cordova CLI

Useful or not, I don’t think uploading binaries belongs in core. There are plenty of third-party
offerings that work well, and they shoulder the support as well. Bringing uploading into core
is just one more thing that Cordova devs would then need to support.

So although it’s useful and time-saving, it should be a third-party plugin/add-on, not core,
in my opinion.

~ Kerri Shotts