cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] CLI Templates
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:09:07 GMT
I think it should copy platform and plugins folders, if those are a part of the template. I
think the guidance should be that most templates should not include a platform or a plugin
folder, but if they do - for reasons like custom plugins, etc, then we should let that happen.
The only enhancement from --copy-from would be that we also support npm and git URLs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Santana [mailto:csantana23@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:26 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] CLI Templates

Parashuram

The template doesn't any special structure, the current hello app in npm is already a template

Will add comment in PR about having fixtures in tests for different uses cases with different
type of templates

The code copies everything except plugins and platforms directories, maybe it needs some comments
to make it more clear

It should copy dot files like .gitignore, .editorconfig, .bowerrc Very important at least
for me .gitignore, it helps when folks ask if they should ignore platforms and plugins from
source control and the answer is always YES. If they are asking then it means they need the
advise.