cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova on Github
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 20:51:38 GMT
Thanks Julien!

I think are definitely things we could do better in terms of integrating
with github.

Some pain points:

- Can't label PRs
- Can't merge commits from the GitHub interface (great for small commits)
- Apache infra mirroring is flaky. Changes to things like tags don't get
reflected automatically.

I personally agree with your pain points for new users about JIRA. I
believe we are definitely missing out on feedback and community
participation. Just a barrior compared to other open source projects. I
would love to be able to experiment turning on issues in Github and see
what type of feedback comes. Maybe start with 1 or 2 repos.

We do get all of our PRs on github. But we have trouble merging them in. We
really need more people from the community to contribute more and help test
these PRs. I think us committers need to continue to improve on boarding
potential new committers.