cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partnership with Google on App Indexing
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:06:29 GMT
Hey Emeric,

The greatest thing about Cordova is it's openness. You don't need
permission to create a new plugin. The core functionality (like
geolocation) is written as a plugin and maintained by this group but
third parties whether they be large companies Google or the
independent software can write plugins, submit them to NPM where they
can be discovered and used by everyone. These 3rd party plugins don't
have to be part of Apache Cordova's core and can have their own
license.

I believe the best way for you to provide an App Indexing plugin is to
get a developer or two on your team to read over:

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/hybrid/plugins/index.html

and take a first crack at creating your plugin. We will always be here
to answer questions and offer guidance.

Also, there were a number of Google employees who've contributed to
Apache Cordova in the past and we can get you in contact with them if
you have any questions about Google's contributions to Cordova.

Thanks...

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald