cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Sarah Goldman <>
Subject New Camera Plugin iOS feature
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 19:25:41 GMT

I am proposing a new feature for the camera plugin: the ability to manually
dismiss camera popover views and view controllers on iOS.

I encountered a need for this function when implementing a timeout based
logout on my app. If the user timed out while sitting there with the camera
open, I had no way to close the camera view controller and it would stay
open on top of the login page. When they finally took a photo it would exit
the camera and they would be on the login page. I would like to be able to
call before I send a user to the login view
after the timeout.

dismiss would not take any callback handlers, instead it would trigger the
error callback set with getPicture and send a message stating the camera
was dismissed.

I have created a Jira issue here:

And I have submitted a pull request:

Sarah Goldman