cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Audit 2015
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:46:18 GMT
I don't agree with keyboard being in core. It's not "required" on ios,
it's just a cosmetic change, and its pretty hacky to get right. With
iPad and iPad Pro's new enhanced keyboards, this will be a bigger
nightmare to maintain thus I am strongly against this.

With iOS 7 and greater's flat UI, the toolbar doesn't look that bad anyway.

As an example, Gmail iOS doesn't even bother trying to hide the
toolbar. Try to do a Search on it to see the keyboard. It uses a
WebView I believe for most of its UI.