cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <>
Subject Re: Native vs. File URIs
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 01:26:56 GMT
For the Camera plugin, FILE_URI is a file:// URI and existed even
before we created the file plugin's cdvfile:// cross-platform URI. We
didn't change it for backwards compat reasons.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Richard Knoll <> wrote:
> Does that mean that FILE_URI should exclusively be returning URIs that follow the cdvfile://
scheme? Currently we never return those (at least, not in Android). Is there anything else
that can be defined as cross device?
> Thanks,
> Richard
you need to know the REAL file path for something.
> @purplecabbage
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Richard Knoll <> wrote:
>> Oh, so does it refer to the location rather than the type of URI?
>> That's fine with me, but if that is the case than we should still
>> probably be sure that whatever is returned from the call is of a consistent type
>> always using content or always using file).
>> Richard

This is in regards to CB-9548, for those interested.