cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Alexandre <maxime.alexan...@wininup.com>
Subject <resource-file> "target" attribute ignored on iOS when installing a Cordova plugin
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:56:35 GMT
Hello everyone,

I want to copy a resource file into a specific folder, not just into the
"Resources" folder (like "Resources/myfolder") but this is not working when
i define a *<resource-file src="myfile" target="myfolder/myfile" />* into
my plugin.xml.

I checked the source code and the target attribute is not used in the
*cordova-lib/src/plugman/platforms/ios.js* file :

destFile = path.resolve(project.resources_dir, path.basename(src));

whereas for *android.js* :
var target = obj.target;

Is there a reason this is not implemented? At least the documentation
should say that the attribute "target" is ignored on iOS.

When i drag&drag my folder into the Resources folder in my XCode project,
this declares only the folder name (i.e. "myfolder") into the .pbxproj
file... so is there another way for me to add this resource folder into my
XCode project from plugin.xml or inside a hook or any other solution?

Thank you!
--
Maxime