cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Raghav Katyal <rakat...@microsoft.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Improving Cordova Documentation
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 22:27:44 GMT
Hey folks,

For the last few weeks, we have taken measures to get in touch with and understand the experiences
of a Cordova user. We put up a survey which received > 900 responses and tried to understand
the pain points of working with Cordova. As it was brought up in F2F as well, majority of
the users (~100 survey responses) think that the Cordova documentation isn't up to the mark
and is the biggest problem they face. We went through the responses and have summarized them.

We discussed and came up with few guidelines and possible solutions for these problem areas
as mentioned. It would be great if you guys could give feedback, provide better solutions
and volunteer for some of these.

1.       Incorrectness

*         Outdated Stuff
Action Items:

*         Find the unneeded and outdated docs and remove them

2.       Docs are hard to find

*         Organization on the website needs to be simplified
Action Items:

*         SEO, FAQ

3.       Tutorials needed

*         Basic app/plugin/platform development

*         Debugging etc

Please find the complete list and action items here:
https://github.com/cordova/cordova-discuss/pull/26

-Raghav