cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrate binaries (apk / ipa) upload to stores into Cordova CLI
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 13:05:27 GMT
Bless you Shaz :-)

Yeah officially supporting unofficial methods not good idea. This is similar as old ios-sim
or ios-deploy

Before solving uploading, I would prefer to see improved docs and UX for packaging.

For uploading this is something that lives in user land tools. With this said would love to
accommodate in Cordova a way for this user land features able to extend Cordova tooling.

Today what we have are plugins and hooks, this is the approach today being use for livereload
plugin.

At work we have being solving some problems in our CLI related to cli extensions/plugability.

I think some of the solutions are applicable to Cordova cli. The basic idea is extending or
adding CLI command or actions via extensions that are packaged as npm modules, that anyone
can add to a released CLI.
Maybe this could be another way to make our tools pluggable in addition of hooks.

- Carlos
@csantanapr