cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Knoll <>
Subject RE: Native vs. File URIs
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:47:51 GMT
I completely agree with this. Would definitely be a breaking change, though, and require us
to add the File plugin as a dependency. The file plugin dependency would be a good move too,
I think, because then we might be able to strip out all of the content URI stuff we are doing
in Android and have it in one place.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) []
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 9:47 PM
Subject: RE: Native vs. File URIs

I would deprecate NATIVE_URI option due to the following reasons:
* It confuses a lot, even us can hardly understand what the real difference (Native vs. File
* I don't think it adds much value
* It adds complexity as we should maintain/test NATIVE_URI support

I think  plugin consumers are really care where result is stored and returns - File vs base64
string. In case of File option we should return FileEntry and If someone need real path/etc
he should just call FileEntry.toNativeUrl or something.

My point is that ability to retrieve native path/url should be provided by FileEntry, not
as Camera plugins separate option.