cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Barham <Tim.Bar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] cordova-serve 0.2.0 release
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 02:15:00 GMT
Yeah... This is a philosophy of the Express guys - they keep packages really small, and have
more packages. Basically, their philosophy is that each package should only define one discrete
piece of functionality, in a single source file. As soon as that file gets too big or there
is a feeling that functionality should be extracted into another file, that becomes another
package.

This results in a lot of packages, but they're all really tiny. Do we consider that (the number
of packages) a problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Santana [mailto:csantana23@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2015 6:54 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-serve 0.2.0 release

Tim you realize that by bringing in "express" as a dependency to cordova cli you are bringing
a 43 other npm packages?

Did you or your team did a quick assessment on how healthy legally speaking on the complete
set of dependencies?
⛄  $ npm install express 1>/dev/null && find node_modules/express | grep package.json
| wc -l
      43

I would also be concern about size, we had problems in the past where dependencies includes
fixtures and this added considerable file size to cordova-cli I check and it's small 1.7mb,
so no problem there.

⛄  $ du -sh node_modules/express/
1.7M node_modules/express/