cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Is CPR going offline
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 03:15:52 GMT
To follow up on this, we discussed it at the face to face. Steve has an action item to look
at the download count for CPR - at the moment, the number of requests seem to make it hard
to shut down. Carlos also said if we could get cloudant to host this registry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2015 1:12 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is CPR going offline

Lets talk more about it at the f2f. I haven't heard any updated from our hosts about shutdown,
so we can keep it online for a little while longer.
We should definitely start discussing a backup plan though (some sort of auto redirect to
npm on the server)

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is are we going to need to hosted some where else, I
> remember something about not getting free hosting anymore.
>
> But I guess Steve will enlighten us when he reads these emails :-) On
> Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 6:36 PM Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.ercan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > +1
> > I also observe that people has taken their time to update.
> > I think it is helpful to keep CPR around until new year.
> > We can then send CPR away with a countdown on new year's day,
> > instead of the viking funeral.
> > --
> > Gorkem
> >
> > On 9 Oct 2015, at 18:04, Nikhil Khandelwal wrote:
> >
> > > I am in favor of keeping it running without making any updates.
> > > There is fairly high % of users using cordova cli version <
> > > cordova 5 (~25% based on survey responses). Since our survey is
> > > not yet broadly publicized, but only using twitter, this number is likely higher.
> > >
> > > We should look at download numbers from CPR and when they become
> > > sufficiently low, then we should decide to take it offline.
> > >
> > > Our switch to
> > > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=plugins.cordova
> > > .io&data=01%7c01%7cpanarasi%40microsoft.com%7cf031643a071c4c4f3a65
> > > 08d2d1af2c5f%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=NcqZcARglozR%2bOF56z5BdLM8CALPl8cQG27%2fVi%2bn2BU%3d
use the new plugin search will likely push people to upgrade to the new CLI versions and phase
out CPR - but it's going to take more time than another week (our initial phase out date).