cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Content URIs and the Android Camera.
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 20:08:11 GMT
Hey

So, this code (https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/pull/93)
fixes an issue, but has somehow been hung up due to the fact that:

1. It's a lot of code, enough that I'd ask the person who submitted the
pull request to fill out an ICLA
2. People wanted this code to be in a utility method of some type.

While working through the Camera plugin, I tried reusing the existing
CordovaResourceApi code to do the same thing, and I found some serious bugs
with remote images in the repository.  On Android, you can choose both
local and cloud-based photos into the gallery, and we should figure out how
to support that functionality.

So, I think that we should ask the person who sent the pull request a while
ago to fill out an ICLA before we accept this, and if not, we should go the
alternate route of re-purposing the CordovaResourceApi to have this code in
it.

What do people think?

Joe