cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <>
Subject Re: [Android] Possible solution to Camera/Media
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:42:58 GMT
Hi Joe, hot from my inbox
I thought it was worth sharing, since I don't have a strong background on
Android native dev, I didn't know about "*Don't Keep Activities*" Developer

The setting could be useful to reproduce, debug problems, and unit testing
around this area.

*XXXXXXX  was able to get their hands on with one device which claimed to
reproduce the crash consistently.*

*We had a call today with XXXXX from XXXXX and he confirmed that the crash
consistently reproduced because a Developer Option named "Don't Keep
Activities" was enabled on this device. As soon as they disabled*
*this option, the application started working without any crash. They have
not been able to reproduce the problem again.*

*Ananlysis we found:*
*The purpose of this option is so the developer can test their application
for instances where the activity is removed. The idea is to check and make
sure the app handles its activities being destroyed. We cannot override it
because in the real world it might happen even without that option enabled,
if the device is low on memory. We need to write code appropriately to
handle this case.*

*Related information we found:*