cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Prasenjit Singh <prasencool...@gmail.com>
Subject Selecting cross platform framework for mobile application development
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:35:09 GMT
Hello,

I have come across a situation that needs to develop a cross platform
application supporting Android, Ios, Windows and BlackBerry mobile devices.
I am new to this cross platform and just know the basics of Phonegap,
cordova. I know sencha touch, Ionic, Intel XDk, Titanium and many other
paid frameworks are there in the market. I need help in selecting the
development framework.

The mobile application will be web-based with integration of payment
gateways, ticketing system, will have to interact with 50+ APIs to be
accessed via the mobile application.

Question : What all are the factors needs to be considered for selecting
any cross platform framework as this will be a client project with a strict
delivery schedule?

My preference is : Open Source framework if possible, active support from
community, performance(speed, native experience like touch, transition)

You may recommend any paid / commercial cross platform framework if there
is no such robust framework to suggest.

I would like to get valuable suggestions and guidance to select such a
framework from the developers community.

Thanks,

Jeet