cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Jira triage
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:11:27 GMT
Thanks Steve.
Three recommendations below.

I recommend a "Platform" pre-fix for platform issues. ie rename "iOS",
"Android" etc to "Platform iOS", "Platform Android" (like plugins have
a prefix of "Plugin" already).

This however would not prevent people from assigning these components
to non-platform issues however :/
So it will be up to us to triage it appropriately.

I've been treating a "Component" as equivalent to filing an issue
against the appropriate repo (1:1 correspondence).
This makes it easier to focus on a particular repo's issues without
the noise of unrelated plugin issues.

For issues that are related to a platform implementation of a plugin,
my recommendation is to tag it with the component related to the
plugin, i.e "Plugin Contacts", then add a label for the platform
"ios". Currently I've been adding it to the Environment field, which
may not be as searchable.

So from our Cordova project search:

(maybe we can alias this to

Add the Component - "Plugin Contacts"
Add the Label - "ios".

You'll get this result:

One component per issue - hard rule. It can start out as a discussion
involving more than one Component, but MUST evolve into multiple
issues (or subtasks) -- one per component. I've seen issues where it
affects multiple components and the communication on what has been
done for what platform gets muddled, resulting in inaction for one

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Steven Gill <> wrote:
> At the Cordova F2F, some discrepancies were found in how we are triaging
> issues on Jira. Especially in terms of plugin issues and if they should
> have platform related components. This email is to discuss the
> discrepancies and for recommendations to be made and agreed upon.
> According to the F2F minutes[1], Joe, Shaz and Nikhil would lead the
> discussion and make recommendations for the triage workflow. And of course,
> everyone is encouraged and welcomed to participate.
> [1]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message