cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Emeric Studer <emer...@google.com.INVALID>
Subject Partnership with Google on App Indexing
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 07:59:46 GMT
Hello,

My name is Emeric and I am working on Google App Indexing
<https://developers.google.com/app-indexing/>.

Many developers have problems with discoverability and re-engagement in
their apps. We have addressed those issues and came up with an idea called
App Indexing.

App Indexing allows Android and iOS apps to drive new installs, increase
traffic and improve discoverability by being indexed on the Google search
results. It means that users who have the app installed are able to open
the content directly in the app. Have a look at this short video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISUYHTkTOU> to see how App Indexing
works.

Adding deep links on Android
<https://developers.google.com/app-indexing/android/app> and http links on
iOS <https://developers.google.com/app-indexing/ios/app> has a positive
influence on the ranking of your website even for users that haven’t
installed the app.

It seems that it is not yet possible for the users of Cordova to benefit
from the many advantages of App Indexing.

Is there any plan on your side to add the support of App Indexing?

If you are interested to know more, please let me know, we could plan a 30
minutes video call to discuss App Indexing further.

Kind regards,
--
Emeric