cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Re: Version Manager for Cordova* Software
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 18:46:00 GMT
This is pretty neat - I played around with it a little and am now using it in my Visual Studio
Online continuous integration system to pick the right version of Cordova.

@Ian, I could show you what and how am I doing it if you are interested :)

On 10/1/15, 11:32 AM, "Maffett, Ian" <ian.maffett@intel.com> wrote:

>Today I was able to release a tool Version Manager for Cordova Software (aka cvm).  It’s
available on npm and github.  With our switch at Intel to supporting CLI 5.1.1, I had to switch
back and forth to test Ant vs Gradle builds of applications.  Inspired by nvm and rvm, I created
the tool to help other developers manage multiple versions.

>This will install the versions in $HOME/.cvm folder.  There is a special cordova file
that intercepts calls and dispatches them to the correct version.  You can always fall back
to the default system version if you would like.

>npm install –g version-manager-cordova-software
>
>Available Tasks:
>       list - list available covdova versions installed
>       install [5.1.1] - Install a cordova version
>       uninstall [5.1.1] - Uninstall a cordova version
>       use [5.1.1] - Switch to a specific version of cordova
>       version - Show current version of Cordova
>       remote - List available remote versions of cordova to install
>
>The repo is available at https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fgithub.com%2fmobiletools%2fversion-manager-cordova&data=01%7c01%7cpanarasi%40microsoft.com%7c6db519c8bcc34b7fab4908d2ca8ea7df%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=CBZ4ATUwpUaLPWjRds%2b8AttKJNCPjpREhvVKTzY9ma0%3d
.  I would appreciate any feedback.