cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject [Android] 5.0.x release branch?
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 21:13:59 GMT

In the next two weeks, Marshmallow will most likely getting released with
the brand new Nexus 6P being released from Huawei.  Given that most of the
Nexus devices will be getting this release, we should probably release the
5.0.x branch of Android soon, and get the new plugins updated.

It should be noted that the latest plugins will not be compatible with
older versions of Cordova, which is a big deal.  This is due to the use of
various compatibility checks to make sure they support Marshmallow and
older versions of Android.

So, if everyone can look over the smores branches of my GitHub before I
create the 5.0.x branch and pull the changes into it, that would be awesome.

Work on audio is still outstanding, BUT for some reason Audio broke
recently on both Lollipop and Marshmallow.  I didn't test it out on KitKat
or Jellybean yet, but I'm wondering whether we should keep maintaining this
or support the standard HTML5 audio and deal with the asset issue somehow
(which isn't straight forward).

I hopefully want to get a 5.0.x branch happening this week if we can.

What do people think?