cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] 5.0.x release branch?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 01:16:47 GMT
I'm completely against using reflection for this purpose.  Version codes
were invented for a reason and we don't have any mechanism in place to unit
test any Android code (or any other native code on any of the platforms).

I will vote against any release that includes reflection for this purpose
since reflection has only brought us security issues and extreme WebView
breakage when used (Simon can tell you the tales of the HTC console.log
reflection code.).  Reflection is a worst-case scenario tool like when a
method in WebView marked as deprecated completely disappears, not something
we should make a habit of using often.  If we open the door for this, we'll
get reflection creeping elsewhere, like the Plugins API.

Just say no to reflection.