cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] XDA is reporting that Marshmallow is out October 5th on TELUS
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 20:35:42 GMT
Hey

So, this is really weird.  TELUS, just leaked that the OTA for the Nexus 5
and Nexus 6 is Oct 5.

http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/telus-says-android-6-0-ota-update-starts-on-october-5th/

I don't like to rush things, but if people could review all the Smores
changes while I finish up File before I do a release, that'd be awesome.
I've already contacted Ninging Hu on the Crosswalk team about the upcoming
Cordova release and Marshmallow, and we should be hearing more about that
soon.  Once I go through the File plugin we should be good for a
preliminary run.

I MIGHT write a utility method for plugins, because there is a lot of
possible code repetition, but other than that, I think we're mostly good to
go.

For the plugins, I think the plugins affected by the permissions changes
should get a major version update.  Not because there's an API change, but
because there's a slight behaviour change.  Developers who are unfamiliar
with Marshmallow who are using the plugins may be wondering why we're
showing the prompts, and we should bump the majors just so that we can make
sure they understand that Marshmallow is a big deal, despite how Google is
underplaying it.

What do people think?