cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Marshmallow Update: Media kind-of works
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 18:24:45 GMT
Hey

I got media mostly working with the new permissions, but I think that we're
going to have to figure out the AudioFocus issue.  Right now, when you play
music from the media plugin and you receive a phone call, the media plugin
should pause the audio in favour of the phone ringing, and then play it.
This is kinda broken in Marshmellow, and there's a very brief interruption
that's killed by the audio player continuing on.

Anyway, the smores branch for this one can be found here:
https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-plugin-media

So, the solution I think to our problems is setting up a listener for the
AudioFocus event and sending the message that way instead of trying to
listen for the phone state, since that's no longer good.  (It makes it look
like we're trying to get IMSIs or some crap).

http://developer.android.com/training/managing-audio/audio-focus.html

I'm going to create an issue for this, but this shouldn't stop any release
of the platform or of the plugin.

Joe