cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Marshmallow Update
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 23:48:58 GMT
Hey

I just went through the Geolocation API plugin, and here's the thing, we're
going to need to have a Geolocation Plugin.

The main issue that we're facing with the native implementation is that
once the security exception is thrown, we call the prompt natively.  Unlike
with Cordova plugins we don't recover the context and send back the result
like with a normal plugin.

So, instead, I propose that we add code to check for the Geolocation
permission and prompt for it before we do something like add a geolocation
watch or get the current location.

Thoughts?

Joe