cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Our development process, revisited
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:32:37 GMT
If we had to rush a CVE, wouldn't it make sense to do that off an existing
released branch (4.1.x)?

I think the only valid point is we don't want master in a state where tests
aren't passing. Until then, work on a branch. But if tests are passing, no
harm moving it into master. Especially if you want to release android
sooner rather than later. Having it in master will be just as effective in
regards to having people test.

I think the argument against long lived release branches is the potential
of making merging more difficult down the road.

coho does prepare-release-branch command right now but it can't quite
handle the usecase you are suggesting because it branches off master and it
will change the versions in master which you don't want.

Why the hesitation to do 5.0.x work in master?

-Steve