cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Cordova-common release
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 01:31:26 GMT
Sorry if I take my inner purist theoretical developer out for a minute :-)

The point of having a "node module" it should be explicit and small,
meaning that should be easy to name in a way that describes what it is or
do.

Take into account that "node module" is not the same as a "npm package"

Having 2 npm packages on the npm registry "cordova-common" and
"cordova-lib" to the simple eye would look like duplicate packages, and
then will need to answer multiple times "What is the difference between lib
and common?"

Why not have more smaller explicit npm packages instead?

cordova-util
cordova-plugin-info
cordova-error
cordova-config-parser
cordova-config-changes

each one with a index.js exposing APIs

Then the programing model becomes something like this:
var cdvUtil              = require('cordova-util'),
cdvPluginInfo          = require('cordova-plugin-info'),
cdvError                  = require('cordova-error'),
cdvConfigParser     = require('cordova-config-parser'),
cdvConfigChanges = require('cordova-config-changes');