cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova-plugin-whitelist ios issue
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 00:28:29 GMT
This is only happening because we have two engine requirements -
cordova-android 4.x and cordova-ios 4.x. This is correct for
cordova-plugin-whitelist.

Like I mentioned before, cordova-android+ios 3.x *do not* require this
plugin as it is built in. Perhaps this could be communicated better,
but the warning is generic, and there's no way to communicate this in
an <engine> tag.

We could release core plugins that have different core platform
version requirements as well in the future (like android 5 plugin
changes) and this will occur again.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> "IMO we should never release a plugin which always emits a warning
> that cannot be resolved."
>
> There is nothing to resolve. The resolution is to ignore it. It's
> supposed to warn you, as it is working as expected.
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Nikhil Khandelwal
> <nikhilkh@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I understand the warning w.r.t. plugins and android 5.0 as we will release android
5.0 along with the plugin update and there would be a path for people to resolve the warning.

>> In this case, ios 4.0 is not even released and users have no way to work around this
warning. We're getting feedback from customers about this.

>> IMO we should never release a plugin which always emits a warning that cannot be
resolved.

>> -Nikhil

requires iOS 4.0.0. What's the best way to fix it? Can we unpublish this whitelist plugin
version from npm to fix this? Alternatively, we should release another version of the plugin
that does not get this warning. It's misleading and confusing for developers to see this warning.