cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] cordova-ios 4.0.0 release
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 23:37:56 GMT
Gotta get the train going again, it's been too long.

The kanban board for this is at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=76

Please help if you can by assigning an issue to yourself, and selecting the
"Start Progress" button. This will show who is working on what in the
middle "In Progress" column.

I've trimmed this and it includes cordova-ios platform issues, and some
plugin issues. Priority given to platform issues of course, and issues with
iOS 9. If there is a pressing issue that needs to go in, assign it the
label "cordova-ios-4.0.x" but propose it to this thread first so we don't
get de-railed, there's only so much room on the train. Similarly if you
think an issue can get thrown off the train to cordova-ios-5.0.x, post on
this thread.

Focus is on core plugin stability with the new platform, since it does have
API changes. If downstream distribution people are on this list, this
concerns your third-party plugins too.

The easiest way to test if it affects your plugin building:

```
cordova platform add https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios.git
cordova plugin add your-plugin-id
cordova build
```

Plugin updates and highlights:
    - API changes doc:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/guides/API%20changes%20in%204.0.md
    - 3 new private core plugins to the platform:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/tree/master/CordovaLib/Classes/Private/Plugins
    - Plugin localized strings and resource loading:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/CordovaLib/Classes/Public/CDVPlugin%2BResources.h
   - Preferences helper:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/CordovaLib/Classes/Public/NSDictionary%2BCordovaPreferences.h
   - WebViews as plugins. UIWebView is a private core plugin (see above).
WKWebView as a plugin installable
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugins/tree/master/wkwebview-engine

I also want to highlight this scenario which a lot of people will encounter:

I had to trim features and push it off to cordova-ios-5.0.x:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=86

Planned ship/vote date is around iOS 9 release time, which I believe is in
2 weeks or so (mid Sept 2015).

Choo choo....