cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova-plugin-whitelist ios issue
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 00:19:12 GMT
If you have cordova-ios and android 3.x you do not need
cordova-plugin-whitelist *at all*. It is only for cordova-ios and
android 4.x. The 3.x series have built in whitelists.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> No its not a "rogue version". cordova-plugin-whitelist requires
> cordova-ios 4.0 and cordova-android 4.0.
> It's just a warning and is expected to work this way.
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-whitelist/blob/master/README.md
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Nikhil Khandelwal
> <nikhilkh@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 1.       cordova create test
>>
>> 2.       cordova platform add ios
>>
>> WARNING: Applications for platform ios can not be built on this OS - win32.
>> Adding ios project...
>> iOS project created with cordova-ios@3.9.1
>> Discovered plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist" in config.xml. Installing to the project
>> Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist@1" via npm
>> Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for ios
>> Plugin doesn't support this project's cordova-ios version. cordova-ios: 3.9.1, failed
version requirement: >=4.0.0-dev
>> Skipping 'cordova-plugin-whitelist' for ios
>> Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for ios
>> Plugin doesn't support this project's cordova-ios version. cordova-ios: 3.9.1, failed
version requirement: >=4.0.0-dev
>> Skipping 'cordova-plugin-whitelist' for ios
>>
>> Looks like we have a rogue version of cordova-plugin-whitelist published that requires
iOS 4.0.0. What's the best way to fix it? Can we unpublish this whitelist plugin version from
npm to fix this? Alternatively, we should release another version of the plugin that does
not get this warning. It's misleading and confusing for developers to see this warning.