cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Android] XDA is reporting that Marshmallow is out October 5th on TELUS
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:21:06 GMT
+1 to major version rev. for plugins. It also is a signal these plugins will not work with
any previous version of cordova.

For reviewing changes, can you submit a PR perhaps from your topic branch to apache/cordova-android
5.x-dev branch? It's hard to review and comment on branch diffs - PRs allow for easy commenting
and discussions.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Bowser [mailto:bowserj@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:36 PM
To: dev <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Subject: [Android] XDA is reporting that Marshmallow is out October 5th on TELUS

Hey

So, this is really weird.  TELUS, just leaked that the OTA for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 is
Oct 5.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.xda-developers.com%2fxda-external-link%2ftelus-says-android-6-0-ota-update-starts-on-october-5th%2f&data=01%7c01%7cnikhilkh%40microsoft.com%7c0496829a7a764d2da4ee08d2c51fc129%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=Isrv93diSPs28%2bh3arfZT6L2%2f4fjWF9X3PFM5qnsBoc%3d

I don't like to rush things, but if people could review all the Smores changes while I finish
up File before I do a release, that'd be awesome.
I've already contacted Ninging Hu on the Crosswalk team about the upcoming Cordova release
and Marshmallow, and we should be hearing more about that soon.  Once I go through the File
plugin we should be good for a preliminary run.

I MIGHT write a utility method for plugins, because there is a lot of possible code repetition,
but other than that, I think we're mostly good to go.

For the plugins, I think the plugins affected by the permissions changes should get a major
version update.  Not because there's an API change, but because there's a slight behaviour
change.  Developers who are unfamiliar with Marshmallow who are using the plugins may be wondering
why we're showing the prompts, and we should bump the majors just so that we can make sure
they understand that Marshmallow is a big deal, despite how Google is underplaying it.

What do people think?