cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Android] Cordova-Android 5.0 changes and merging into master?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 05:52:51 GMT
I'm fine with merging cordova-android to master. For the plugins, that have marshmallow changes
if we merge now we cannot release them till cordova-android & the corresponding tools
release happens. On the other side, if we do not merge them CI will be broken.

It makes sense to merge it all if the design is final and we don’t expect much flux before
the release.

-Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Bowser [mailto:bowserj@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 3:15 PM
To: dev <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Subject: [Android] Cordova-Android 5.0 changes and merging into master?

Hey

So, after looking at the pull requests, how do people feel about merging it into master, doing
the last changes there and releasing it in the next few weeks.  If we do this, the 4.1.x branch
will be the supported branch for approximately six months, and if we do any security updates,
we will have to fix both the 4.1.x branch and the master branch.

That said, Google has their Nexus event tomorrow where they're announcing the new devices,
and there's going to be updates on Oct 5, so I think we should start merging this stuff into
master sooner rather than later.

Thoughts?

Joe