cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <tony.ho...@intel.com>
Subject questions about coho audit-license-headers and check-license
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:40:49 GMT
I'm trying to validate the tools release.
I'm following the instructions[1], but I haven't used coho before and am not sure about the
results.

`coho audit-license-headers -r js -r lib -r cli -r plugman`
The doc warns that audit-license-headers has false positives, so I'm ignoring the following
results:
./appveyor.yml
./tasks/vendor/commonjs-tests/*
./tasks/vendor/jasmine/*
./spec-cordova/*
./spec-plugman/*
./src/plugman/help.txt
Are these are all false positives?
If yes, I think the audit-license-headers results are ok.

`coho check-license -r tools`
I got a lot of results so I started adding what I think are false positives to the license
filter:
"ISC","Public Domain","WTFPL","ASF","Unlicense","Artistic-2.0"
I also updated to nlf 1.3.2 in order to get nicer output and a fix for the single license
under licenses bug [2].
I still get 88 results for packages with no license entry in package.json.
(plus xmldom, which has a syntax error in the license entry but has an Apache-compatible license)

Are "ISC","Public Domain","WTFPL","ASF","Unlicense","Artistic-2.0" all Apache-compatible?
Are packages with no license entry ok - any additonal action required?
Should I submit a PR to add the additional license strings to the filter and update nlf?

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/tools-release-process.md#test
[2] https://github.com/iandotkelly/nlf/pull/22