cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <tony.ho...@intel.com>
Subject questions about coho audit-license-headers and check-license
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 21:30:07 GMT
I'm trying to validate the release.
I'm following the instructions[1], but I haven't used coho before and am
not sure about the results.

`coho audit-license-headers -r js -r lib -r cli -r plugman`
The doc warns that audit-license-headers has false positives, so I'm
ignoring results like:
./appveyor.yml
./tasks/vendor/commonjs-tests/*
./tasks/vendor/jasmine/*
./spec-cordova/*
./spec-plugman/*
./src/plugman/help.txt
I get results from each repo, but I think it's all false positives and
audit-license-headers is ok.

`coho check-license -r tools`

The doc says to do `coho check-license -r tools`, but when I did that I
got a lot of results.
I still got a lot of results so I started adding what I think are false
positives to the license filter:
"ISC","Public Domain","WTFPL","ASF","Unlicense","Artistic-2.0"
I also updated to nlf 1.3.2 in order to get nicer output and a fix for the
single license under licenses bug[2].
I still get 88 results for packages with no license entry in package.json.
(plus xmldom, which has a syntax error in the license entry but has an
Apache-compatible license)

Are "ISC","Public Domain","WTFPL","ASF","Unlicense","Artistic-2.0" all
Apache-compatible?
Are packages with no license entry ok - any additonal action required?
Should I submit a PR to add the additional license strings to the filter
and update nlf?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/tools-release-proce
ss.md#test