cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <>
Subject whitelist plugin problem - wrong version "latest" on npm?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:03:31 GMT
It seems that either the cordova-plugin-whitelist ref in
cordova-app-hello-world is wrong
the wrong version of cordova-app-hello-world is marked latest in npm.
I think it's the latter.

I wanted to test some details of whitelist plugin behavior on iOS.
I was expected to be able to start with CLI 5.1.1, create a default
project, add iOS and have the whitelist plugin be automatically included.
This worked, but whitelist plugin v1.0.0 was added.
This seems wrong since v1.1.0 was released, adding support for iOS.
I checked JIRA and this list, but could not find anything like this
reported (this makes me wonder if it's my environment that is to blame).
I wasn't sure what the root cause of the problem was, so I started poking
around to try to determine what/if I should log in JIRA.

I started looking through the dependencies:
cordova-cli 5.1.1->cordova-lib 5.1.1->cordova-app-hello-world 3.9.0
(note: 5.2.0 also depends on cordova-app-hello-world 3.9.0)
cordova-app-hello-world 3.9.0 config.xml includes the whitelist plugin as
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-whitelist" version="1" />

I'm not sure how configParser handles version="1".
I wondered if that could be the issue - in any case, should that be a
semver number or is "1" ok?

I double-checked the latest plugins release notes [1] to verify that
cordova-plugin-whitelist@1.1.0 had been released (it had been).
Then I checked [2] and was surprised to see that "1.0.0 is the
latest of 4 releases".
So then I did `npm info cordova-plugin-whitelist` and I see:
{ name: 'cordova-plugin-whitelist',
  'dist-tags': { latest: '1.0.0', rc: '1.0.1-dev' },
  versions: [ '1.0.0', '1.1.0' ],

So now I'm even more confused - it looks like 1.1.0 has been published to
npm, but 1.0.0 is marked as latest.
Is this is the root cause of the issue?
FWIW, I spot-checked a couple other plugins on npmjs [3][4] and their
"latest" versions are consistent with plugin release notes [1].

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message