cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Sorokin (Akvelon)" <v-als...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [cordova-lib] Tests require cordova-android devDependencies being updated?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:09:00 GMT
Cordova-lib tests does use Android platform for e2e test purposes, but it is not required to
be installed - it's being cloned and used by the tests themselves.

I've just tried to repro this on clean Windows 8 installation:
- Installed latest git
- Installed latest node.js
- git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib
- cd cordova-lib\cordova-lib
- npm install
- npm test

It worked just fine for me, all tests have passed.
Also, these tests are being ran on each commit on AppVeyor and TravisCI:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Humbedooh/cordova-lib
https://travis-ci.org/apache/cordova-lib

I don't see the issue there too.

It looks like environment issue to me.

Thanks,
Alexander Sorokin

-----Original Message-----
From: Shazron [mailto:shazron@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:59 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: [cordova-lib] Tests require cordova-android devDependencies being updated?

Firstly I updated all my repos by running:
coho repo-update -r all

Then, I tried to run "npm test" on cordova-lib on master and I got some
failures:
--------------------------
Failures:
  1) (save flag) platform add --save spec.1 should support custom tgz files
   Message:
     timeout: timed out after 60000 msec waiting for spec to complete
  2) (save flag) platform add --save spec.7 should save git url with git ref properly
   Message:
     Expected false to be true.
  3) (save flag) platform update --save spec.11 should update spec with git url when updating
using git url

Not sure what was going on. I nuked `node_modules` and ran `npm install` again in `cordova-lib`,
I still get the same failures.

At Steve Gill's prompting, I updated the `cordova-android` repo by running `npm install` in
the sibling directory, then ran `npm test` again for cordova-lib, and this time all the tests
pass.

Based on this evidence, I think cordova-lib has a dependency on cordova-android somehow? If
so, why should it? (which means downloading the cordova-lib repo and running tests won't work).

Note that I did not have Android installed on my computer either.