cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Marshmallow Update and Cordova-Android 5.0
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:35:06 GMT
Hey

So, I created a new topic branch of my github with the new changes as
suggested earlier.

https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-android/tree/smores

The thing we have to make sure works is if the user turns off the
permissions on Marshmellow.  Right now if the permissions are off,
everything crashes and dies, so we're going to issue a 5.0 because plugins
will have to have this code to work on the latest version of Android.  It's
not a API change, since we're adding it, but I feel that it's important
enough that we should bump the major version anyway.

Can we PLEASE not have any other features creep into 5.0?  If we need
additional features, we can do a 6.0.  I'm not against bumping major
versions as long as we get into a trend of not breaking shit like we did in
the bump from 3.7 to 4.0.

Also, we're going to deprecate 3.7, is there any major third-party plugins
that still don't work with 4.0.x that we should be aware of?  Do we have
people to cover the docs on that.

Thoughts?

Joe