cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Paveza <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-windows release
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:25:23 GMT
Bringing the cordova-windows release DISCUSS thread upwards.
From: Rob Paveza <>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:15 PM
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] cordova-windows release

Blog post for review / PR

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Paveza []
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 4:02 PM

Release notes:

* CB-9499: Run failure targeting x64 with an x86 version of Node
* CB-8936: Logs: Stability and formatting improvements
* CB-8936: Windows logs: Improvements
* CB-9482: Mobile deployment failure
* CB-9482: Mobile emulator deployment failure
* CB-8936: Added logging functionality
* CB-9458: Updated the baseline version of Universal Windows to 10240.
* CB-9456: Fixed windows app crash on startup
* CB-9450: `WindowsStoreIdentityName` preference for Store publishing
* CB-9455: Fixed requirements check failure
* CB-8965: Wait for project creation before adding to it.
* CB-8965: Copy cordova-js-src directory to platform folder during create
* CB-9359: Adds support for .appxbundle creation
* CB-9410: Added preferences for Windows Store ingestion.
* CB-9408: Added a `windows-packageVersion` attribute to the `<widget>` element
* CB-9283: Add support for Windows 10 WinAppDeployCmd for deployment to remote devices.
* CB-9239: Fixes issue with windows prepare on posix platforms.
* CB-9235: Adds more checks based on the windows-target-version
* CB-9159: Fix WP8.1 deploy when 'window-target-version' is 10.0.
* CB-9335: Windows quality-of-life improvements.
* put channel in its proper place, and removed comment. Removed extra )
* add same activated channel and activationContext for non-browserify workflows
* add activationContext + activated channel to windows
* CB-9271: Removed the unnecessary device capabilities from the Windows 10 app manifest.
* CB-9252: Migrate WinJS to an NPM dependency
* Adding .ratignore file.
* CB-9164 Better error message when deploying to Windows10 phone emulator
* CB-9097: fail with a more descriptive error if run as admin

**Known Issues with 4.1.0 and Windows 10**

* The Windows 10 SDK includes a tool which can deploy to Windows 10 Phone, but not to a Windows
10 Phone Emulator.  To deploy to an emulator, open your solution file in Visual Studio.