cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Murat Sutunc <>
Subject RE: Introduction
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 01:45:12 GMT
Hey Paul,
Welcome to Cordova! I've looked at your changes on github and have some early feedback.

1) As per spec you return a Promise on battery.js but to my knowledge we don't have a fallback
for ES6 Promises on platforms that don't support it yet. I would like to know what other committers
think about this problem.
2) I think the old API and the new API can co-exist for a while before we deprecate and remove
the old one. I see that the new spec uses a different method name so we should be fine here.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Contat []
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:38 AM
Subject: Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul Contat, and I'm an engineering student and currently doing an internship at
W3C focusing on aligning cordova API with W3C ones where applicable, as part of the HTML5Apps
EU project (

For my internship, I’m planning to contribute to the cordova project, starting by the BatteryStatus
API ( if it’s possible.

I've just signed the ICLA, created an account on Apache JIRA so I’m ready to start and submitted
my first pull request:

I’m looking forward to feedback on whether I’m on the right path for updating the Battery
plugin API; I’m in particular interested to understand if and how the current API should
be deprecated once we get to a stage where the new API is deemed in a good enough shape.

Best regards,
View raw message