cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Sosa <>
Subject Signing archive questions
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 14:18:12 GMT
Hello all.
I have a couple of questions with regarding the archive signing enhancement
that is just in in 5.0.

According to the Cordova Android docs[1], the keystore is the path to the
binary key that will be used by Cordova to sign the APK. Is this path
supposed to be always relative to the project? or can it be any path in the
file system? In my tests, I was able to sign the archive only when the
keystore is in my Cordova project and referencing using
"mykeystore.keystore" which I assume looks in the root on the project
because of the relative path in "keystore" key in either build.json or CLI

Also, this is my ignorance on iOS talking, Once the archive is signed for
iOS, what's the name of the generated signed archive? Is it something like
MyProject.ipa? I know in Android it is android-release.apk but I don't know
iOS at all.

Appreciate your help.