cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Cordova Plugin npm Search
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:57:02 GMT
Where and how npmsearch getting the npmjs data then?
I have to seat and read on what npmsearch is then and better understand .
Do they have a service API with SLA and CDN pricing model etc etc...
I'm asking because I don't think we want another unreliable registry web
page that doesn't scale in our hands.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:45 AM Murat Sutunc <muratsu@microsoft.com> wrote:

> There's no such thing as dumb questions! npmjs sadly doesn't give out much
> information about packages..
>
> From what I recall, they didnt have author name and license information..
> which are important for us.
>
> > On Jul 15, 2015, at 9:06 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > dumb question why we are using npmsearch? and not a direct api to npmjs,
> > like I said it might be a dumb question
> >
> >> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Murat and I are going to meet tomorrow to try and launch this to
> >> plugins.cordova.io. Once it is out there, we can collect more feedback
> and
> >> make improvements.

> https://www.npmjs.com/package/npm2es
> >> ).