cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Patch release for cordova-plugin-file-transfer
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 03:32:36 GMT
As for the testing aspect - we do not currently test plugins against *released* versions of
platforms. Only master against master. I mentioned this in another thread. This is a gap in
our testing matrix - we should do this at the time of release (and probably not necessarily
on every commit).

WP8 (Silverlight) based app model is on life support from Windows standpoint (no new updates)
but certain factors make it still relevant for Cordova:
- Phonegap build does not support 'Windows' platform
- There are more WP8 plugins than Windows (this gap is improving and I expect this will be
a non-issue soon)
- Some plugin developers might prefer C# over JS.
I'm hoping Windows 10 release will make a huge dent in this transition.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:48 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Patch release for cordova-plugin-file-transfer

wp8 is still a thing as it works fundamentally differently than the windows universal phone
target.  In the next while I will be evaluating some leftover plugins for wp8 that do not
have a windows equivalent ( c# vs js ) and see what it would take to help port them.

Changes look good Nikhil! ( speaking as the person who introduced the error
)

My team is hiring!
@purplecabbage
risingj.com