cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject Release testing gaps
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:16:19 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9248 highlights a testing gap with our release process:

*         cordova-plugin-whitelist should not have been released with having iOS platform
>= 4.0 without iOS platform release. While reverting the 'latest' tag was a good move to
get this fixed, it would have been nice to catch it earlier.

*         cordova-plugin-file-transfer should not have been shipped with a build failure on
WP8 because it references unreleased types in WP8 platform in master.
While we are using buildbot to run and the build the plugin against master version of the
platform, most users are using it with the released version of the platform. At the very least,
this scenario needs to be tested at the time of release, if not in a CI scenario with every
commit.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how we can catch these issues before release? One of the
ideas is to use buildbot to schedule a 'release' build that would run the tests we have with
the correct versions of the code that we want - release tag for plugins against released versions
of the platform.

Thanks,
Nikhil