cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-vlk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Remove 'plugman publish' functionality from cordova-lib
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 08:39:25 GMT
Hey, guys. Here is PRs, which removes 'publish' & Co.
Plugman: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/pull/84
Cordova-lib: https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/254

Corresponding JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9330

The next step will be npm and semver update according to this ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9332.

I just need to ensure that there is nothing broken due to this.

---------------
Best regards, Vladimir

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikhil Khandelwal [mailto:nikhilkh@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July, 2015 0:11
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Remove 'plugman publish' functionality from cordova-lib

+1 on moving to new npm dependency. There are a bunch of JIRAs (around proxy support) that
would be resolved with the latest & greatest dependencies.

As for making the CPR read-only, there is still some usage of this:

Last updated from the CPR:
5 hours ago  com.purplebrain.adbuddiz.sdk
12 hours ago  com.none.pushjumppage
13 hours ago  org.cloudsky.cordovaplugins.deviceinfo
2 days ago  com.appsee.plugin
2 days ago  com.jp.plugin.facebook
4 days ago  com.adtoapp.adtoappplugin
4 days ago  com.sixtooth.emailclientplugin
4 days ago  com.dotsquares.pluginamit
5 days ago  com.amadeus.mobile.plugins
5 days ago  uk.co.workingedge.phonegap.plugin.launchnavigator

Do we have a sense for why these plugins are not moving to npm? Do we need to do a better
job communicating? Are there still a lot of updates happening to CPR and making them read-only
will prevent these plugin authors from updating?

Thanks,
Nikhil